Yellow Teeth – It is very normal for your teeth to change color over the years. Because, with time, the enamel that covers the teeth becomes thinner and the dentin below the surface begins to show, giving your teeth that yellow appearance.
How does it happen?
Chemical composites called chromogens give some foods and drinks their strong shade, and these can blemish the teeth. Foods and beverages bearing a substance called tannin can correspondingly make your teeth much more probable to stain. Acids can break down your teeth, adding the chances of stains sitting in. In common, if something could stain your clothes or your tongue, the casualties are it’s also going to stain your teeth.
Causes for yellow teeth
- Plaque – This colorless bacteria mainly sits at the surface of the tooth. They produce a kind of acids that harms the enamel of the tooth and the yellow dentin is revealed.
- Trauma– If you have suffered from any dental injury in your childhood, it can disrupt enamel formation, resulting in yellow teeth.
- Medication– There are some antibiotics that may lead to discoloration of your teeth. As for adults, blood pressure medication, antipsychotic drugs, etc., can cause teeth discoloration.
- Genes- If your family members have yellow teeth, it’s more likely that you will get it too. The thickness of your enamel may depend on your genes i.e., as thicker enamel as whiter teeth.
How to prevent it
- Avoid some foods– Coffee, tea, soda and wine may leave a stain on your tooth. While fully avoiding these foods may not be an option for numerous, indeed reducing their intake can make a difference. also, habits like chewing tobacco and smoking correspondingly result in staining. hence, quitting tobacco application isn’t only advantageous to your overall health, but also to the appearance of your teeth.
- Drinking more water– As mentioned before, it may not be possible for you to quit consuming some drinks. But what you can do is right away drink water after consuming a tooth-staining drink like Wine. Swirling water in your mouth, washes off the stains and acids, reducing tooth discoloration.
- Brushing teeth– Brushing right off can make the acids brush down more enamel and lead to erosion. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2 minutes at a moment.. Brush your teeth gently in a circular movement to assure you’re protecting your gums. Using an electric toothbrush may also be more effective in putting off surface stains.
- Eating fruits and vegetables– It’s said that consuming raw fruits and vegetables with a high- water content can help to keep your teeth healthy. The water content is supposed to cleanse your teeth and gums of plaque and bacteria that lead to unheroic teeth. Chewing on crispy fruits and vegetables at the end of a meal may accelerate saliva production. This can help to remove food patches that are clung to your teeth and splash away any damaging acids.
- Applying Whitening toothpaste– Whitening toothpaste may help you to reduce the yellowing of the teeth and better the whiteness. These products genuinely contain stronger ingredients than normal toothpaste, to help you remove tough stains. It doesn’t contain bleach but it may contain a small amount of carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, which helps to lighten tooth colour.
- Using Activated charcoal– Toothpaste containing activated charcoal may help to reduce teeth stains. It’s highly absorbent and is used to remove toxins. Charcoal is mildly abrasive and is similarly capable to absorb surface stains to some phase.
It really has some proven benefits, but there is not enough scientific evidence to include tooth whitening as one of them.
- Flossing– Make this a part of your daily routine. Because flossing can immediately remove a lot of the build-up between your teeth that mainly leads to yellowing of teeth.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening by professionals lasts for about a year. And it is one of the best ways of whitening your teeth. With the appearance of the latest dental technology, we’ve advanced the whitening treatment procedures which give you trustable and long-lasting results. At Dental World, we do the most advanced Philips Zoom Whitening treatment which can whiten smiles upto 8 shades in less than 45 minutes